Physical Access

If you need assistance getting around the University of Denver campus, we provide certain services and accommodations that are accessible to everyone.

Please check our campus map which provides updates on construction projects, as well as any detours you may need to take.

Campus Map



If you need assistance getting to different areas of our campus, we offer a campus shuttle that runs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Both campus shuttle routes are wheelchair accessible.

Please note that DU has suspended the campus shuttle as of Tuesday, March 17th. Resumption of service is dependent on future developments.

Accessible Transportation

Accessible Entrances

Before the start of each term, we encourage everyone to review our campus map for accessible entrances. If you find that one of these entrances isn't working as it should, please report your concern to the ADA Coordinator at 303-871-3941.

Report A Barrier

Campus Emergencies

In the event of an emergency in which you need to evacuate a campus building, such as a fire or chemical spill, you'll want to get to a designated area of rescue.

However, if there is none or you're not sure where the designated area of rescue is, go to the nearest stairwell and call Campus Safety at 303-871-3000. If you see someone who has a disability waiting here, you can also call Campus Safety and notify approaching first responders.

The designated areas of rescue are in the following buildings:

  • Burwell Center for Career Achievement
  • Community Commons Center
  • Dimond Residential Hall
  • Engineering
    North stairwell in the basement, floors 3, 4, 5 and the roof. South stairwell floors 3, 4 and 5.
  • Law School
    South, east and west stairwells, floors 2, 3 and 4.
  • Ruffatto Hall
    Both stairwells on floors 2, 3, 4 and 5.
  • SIE Complex
    Toward the center of the building at the elevators in the basement and floors 2, 3, 4 and 5.

For more information, or to discuss your particular needs and questions, contact the Office of Emergency Preparedness at 303-871-2334.

Accessible Housing

For students, if you need accommodations in a residence hall, you will need to apply for housing by the stated deadline and then request an accommodation or modification through our Disability Services Program soon after.

Accessible Housing